TWAS-LUMS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at the departments of The Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) of the Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan – for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the fields of Natural Sciences and Engineering.
LUMS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
The language of instruction is English.
Applicants from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year;
- be nationals of an eligible developing country (other than Pakistan);
- hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences*;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
*Computer sciences and IT fall under Engineering Sciences for TWAS.
Submitting your application
• The receipt of applications will be on a rolling basis which means there is NO deadline to apply as the call remains open all year.
• Interested applicants should reach out to faculty members listed here https://sbasse.lums.edu.pk/sbasse-faculty who will then apply on the applicants behalf.
The application will be prepared in partnership between faculty and applicant, including a cover letter and brief research statement. Application for acceptance letter should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
• Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Office of the Dean, Syed Babar Ali School of Science & Engineering
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
DHA, Lahore Cantt. 54792,
Phone: +92 42 3560 8000; Ext: 3761
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 687
Fax: +39 040 2240 689